Sunday, July 20, 2008

Website of the Hour: LibraryThing

I've been a (paid) member of LibraryThing.com since 2006 and it has been a lot of fun. The idea is that you list the books in your personal library or the books you've read and, when comparing your collection to similar collections of others, you get good ideas about what to read next. Perhaps you've noticed the array of book covers and titles running down the right-hand margin of this blog page. That's produced using a LibraryThing widget, which randomly selects books from my collection and shows off what I've read, am reading, or intend to read. Here's a link to my personal page in LibraryThing.com to see more. This is a different kind of social internet and, IMHO, much more interesting than a facebook or myspace page. (But maybe that's because I'm approaching middle age. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment