Monday, May 26, 2008

I Write Letters

Here is a copy of an email I sent to the White House from the www.whitehouse.gov web site. They must receive thousands of emails. I wonder if anybody will ever see mine. If I were the sysadmin for this administration, all incoming email would be immediately piped to /dev/null.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I have noted with approval the recent willingness of the White House to "fire back" at NBC News and the New York Times. As a conservative who has supported the President and his war policy for the past seven years, however, I must ask you why it took until the President's eighth year in office to begin to do so? If only the President had simply been willing to consistently fight back against his domestic critics over the years, I cannot help but wonder if the present public approval ratings of the administration would have been higher? Might it not also be the case that six years of silence in response to the constant rhetorical pounding by the press led to the Democrat takeover of the Congress in 2006? Nevertheless I continue to support the President and the war on terror. I hope that the next President will also continue that war to a successful conclusion."

No comments:

Post a Comment