- Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans (They know how to use guns and they're easily manipulated, I guess)
- Pro-life activists (Catholics, Evangelicals, and other assorted nuts "clinging to their religion"),
- Immigration activists (Only racists could possibly want immigration laws enforced)
- Gun owners (The second amendment? That's obviously a conspiracy!)
- Those who "reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority" (Watch out, Governor Perry!)
And they are careful to throw in references to Timothy McVeigh to make us all realize just how serious this is. Now of course there are serious domestic threats to the public. We did indeed see the so-called "militias" and "survivalists" on the news, on the Sunday talk shows, and in the newspapers, leading right up to the Oklahoma City bombing (and beyond) and they were indeed kooks. But that category necessarily also includes violent (but earnest and misunderstood) criminals like Kathleen Soliah, 16 Puerto Rican terrorists, Bill Ayers, et cetera, et cetera. So left-wing extremists are to be given a pass in Obama's America?