Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Congratulations to President-Elect Obama!

Barack Obama won last night and he will be our next president. Conservatives ought to give him a chance and we ought to support him when and where we can. There are important issues on which he must be opposed, such as those involving the sanctity of life. My fears about the war on terror are somewhat quieted by the current state of the Iraq war and the fact that the president-elect has explicitly stated that he recognizes that Afghanistan and Pakistan must be dealt with. But even if those fears were to flare up again, I respect the office to which he has been elected; I respect the outcome of the vote that put him there; and I hope he is a good president. We need one right now. I have always been proud to be an American and I will always be proud of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment