Friday, October 31, 2008

Obsessive Compulsive Communications Disease

What is it with me and communications? I just got finished upgrading my Verizon FIOS service (fiber to the home, baby!) and am now getting 20 Mbps/5 Mbps Internet service and "Extreme HD" television service (345 channels, including all available HD channels). I subscribe to XM Radio in my car. I have an Amazon Kindle e-book reader and love it. I no longer lust for a laptop computer because I carry my iPhone around with me at all times and surf the web whenever the need arises. I also subscribe to too many magazines and I have a full plate of Google Reader RSS blog subscriptions. Ever since the first Gulf War back in 1990-1991, I have vowed to have all available cable news channels at all times.

And I would rather scrimp on food and medicine than go without cool audio, video, and computer stuff. Is this sick? Maybe, but I'm feeling too good with the new rush in endorphins to care right now! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment