- Rudy Rucker, The Lifebox, the Seashell, and the Soul
- Roger Penrose, The Road to Reality
- Frank J. Tipler, The Physics of Immortality
- Stephen Wolfram, A New Kind of Science
- Carl B. Boyer, A History of Mathematics
- Douglas R. Hofstadter, Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
- Alexander Star (ed), Quick Studies: The Best of Lingua Franca
I would very much like to be made aware of other books that readers of this blog (cough, if there ARE any readers of this blog :-) think would similarly interest me.
Later, I will post the titles of some books that I've read in the past and have had the greatest effect on me. A quick example: Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.